Plaza Roberto Maestas will serve the following populations by expanding the reach of El Centro de la Raza’s 48 social service programs:
- Low-income individuals and families in Seattle and throughout Washington State, including senior citizens, the homeless, and veterans
- Eighty-five percent of those served are at or below 150 percent of the Health and Human Services (HHS) poverty threshold.
- More than half of individuals served have no health insurance.
- A majority of those served are Latino community members.
- Other communities served include the Asian/Pacific Islander, African American and Native American communities.
- Non-profits and government entities throughout Washington State
SERVED IN 2015. In 2015, El Centro de la Raza helped 9,989 families and 16,072 individuals through their 48 social service programs and community advocacy efforts – Plaza Roberto Maestas will help increase the numbers served.